Why we collect information
We collect information from you when you contact us or book with us. This is important as we need certain information in order to provide you with our service. That means when you book with us we need to collect personal information about you, for example your name and address if we’re collecting you from home or your email address to send your booking confirmation to.
How we use your information
In a nut-shell, we use your information to allow us to provide you with quotes, make your booking, provide our service to you, and to keep in touch with you if you are signed up to our newsletter (which you can unsubscribe from at any time).
All the information we collect from you is used by us. We use trusted self-employed taxi drivers drivers and may sometimes also need to use trusted third party taxi companies to provide our services on our behalf, when demand requires. These trusted taxi drivers and taxi companies will only be given the information essential to providing you with our service. We may also need to use companies who help us run our business such as IT specialists, marketing agencies, advisers or agents who we may need to share some of your data with in order to help us run our business.
Types of information we collect
• Your name – so that we know who to make the booking for and who we need to pick up
• Your address – so that we know where to pick you up / drop you off
• Telephone number – so that we can contact you if there are any changes to your booking or if our driver can’t find you when we pick you up
• Email address – so that we can send you your booking confirmation and if you have signed up to our mailing list, to send you our newsletter
• Details of your holiday/trip – we need to know where you are flying/catching a train/sailing from/to so that we can take you/pick you up from the correct place. We need to know the dates and times of your flights/train/ferry so that we can get you there on the correct day and at the correct time
• Your social media profile – if you have connected with us via social media to enquire or make a booking we will have your social media contact details and message history between you and us, this is NOT visible to the public. If you have engaged with any of our posts this will be publicly visible as our pages/profiles are public
• Your payment information – where possible we ask customers to pay in cash as this helps us to keep our costs as low as possible, but if you do pay by card your card details are required to make the payment and this is handled securely by our system
In addition to the above, our website is hosted by WordPress.com who may also collect additional data such as your IP address to assist with your online experience and our website analytics.
The law allows us to collect and use the above information for these reason(s):
• With your consent
• To perform our contracts with you
• Legal compliance
How long we hold your data
We keep your personal information while you use our services and interact with us, for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We’re legally required to keep some data longer than others, but in general, won’t keep your personal information for longer than 7 years after you last use our service or interact with us.
Do we share your information?
You can trust that we do not sell any of your personal information to any third party.
There may be some cases where we need to share your information in order to provide you with the service. These include:
• Our trusted self-employed taxi drivers
• Trusted third party taxi companies who may need to use from time to time when demand requires
• Companies that do things to run our websites and take your payments
• Service providers for example marketing agencies, advisors or agents who help us run our business
• Companies approved by you, such as social media sites if you have chosen to interact with us in this way
• Police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body upon a legal request
Your data belongs to you. It is your right to request:
• Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge
• The correction of your personal data if incorrect
• That we stop using your personal data for our email newsletters
• That we delete your data, stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
If you wish to request any of the above, you can contact us by emailing info@AirportTransfersTorbay.com or write to Airport Transfers Torbay, 226 Torquay Road, Paignton, TQ3 2HN.
When you receive an email newsletter from us, you will always be given the opportunity to opt out by clicking ‘unsubscribe’. Unsubscribing from our newsletter will never affect the service you receive from us.